43rd International EPTA Conference September 9 – 12 MADRID 2021
Call for Proposals
The Madrid 2021 EPTA Conference’s topic “Connecting Continents and Traditions” is a reflection of Spanish Music and Culture which has had an important impact on Western Civilization. It is as well an invitation to become immersed into the influences that music and pedagogy from all continents have had on Spanish music or education and viceversa.
“Connecting Continents and Traditions” celebrates the influence of Spanish Music in the international field of piano teaching, learning, composing and performing. We seek proposals that demonstrate effective knowledge and interesting contributions about connecting influences and different traditions in music, performing or pedagogy. Contributions on this matter related to or connected to Spanish music, art, culture, tradition, folklore, etc. will be always welcome but are not compulsory.
The Madrid 2021 EPTA Conference will take place simultaneously at Madrid Royal Conservatory of Music (RCSMM) and Musical Arts Madrid (MAM), starting Thursday, September 9 at 12.00 AM, and closing on Sunday, September 12 at 14.00 PM. The Conference in the classic format will be joined live at RCSMM and at the same time there will be a virtual conference – with a different schedule – on streaming from MAM to prevent limited capacity and travel restrictions for those who may not join the conference in Madrid. MAM has an innovative e-learning platform that ensures a nice sound quality, interaction and presentation on streaming. The committee will decide which of the live conferences, lectures, etc., will be also selected for the virtual conference. There will be an official reception gala with dinner at the historial Casino of Madrid on Thursday evening, September 9. We encourage you to book your assistance as soon as we open registration on January 11, 2021.
We invite proposals from pianists, teachers, educators and researches, either well-know professionals or emerging professionals and students. All persons who submit proposals will be notified of final program decisions by May 15, 2021. Presenters also selected for the virtual conference from MAM will be informed at least two months before the beginning of the Conference.
Some topic suggestions
- Connecting continents and traditions in performance, pedagogy and composition
- Spanish music and its relationship with music from other countries, continents and cultures
- Classical music with Spanish/Iberian influences of any kind
- Latinamerican music
- Approaches to teaching and learning
- Panel discussions
- Social justice
- Health and wellness for pianists
- Psychological aspects of music
Session Formats and Lengths
- Presentation: 20 minutes
- Research Presentation: 20 minutes
- Short Lecture Recital: 25 minutes
- Long Lecture Recital: 35 minutes
- Panel discussion: 35 minutes
- Interactive Workshop: 35 minutes (adapted to COVID regulations at the moment of the conference)
- Complete title of proposed session as it would appear in the program.
- Format and length of proposed session.
- Presenter´s artistic name and short bio (150 words) as they would appear in the program.
- An abstract of session not to exceed 300 words.
- Description of session not to exceed 50 words for the conference program book.
- Digital photo of presenter suitable for program. Color headshot of each presenter preferred; 300dpi.
- Optional: Presenters can attach any link to videos or archives that may help to improve their proposals.
Proposal Policies and Procedures
- All presenters whose work is selected are expected to register for and attend the 43 International EPTA Conference on September 9-12, 2021.
- In case of more than one presenter, please make sure all co-presenters are available to join the conference before sending any proposal.
- Proposers must submit genuine material.
- The selection committee may request an alternative time length or format for selected proposals.
- Presenters must specify what they need for their presentations.
- Sessions may be programmed on the live conference and/or the virtual/online conference.
- All persons who submit proposals will be notified of final program decisions by May 15, 2021.
- Presenting at the EPTA Conference is a volunteer activity and EPTA does not offer any compensation or reimbursement for expenses of any kind incurred in connection with presenting at the Madrid 2021 International EPTA Conference.
Call for Registration
Registration for the 43rd International EPTA Conference will open on January 11, 2021.
EPTA – Spain
Registration for the 43rd International EPTA Conference will open on January 11, 2021. All information on fees and activities plus the registration form, will be then available.
*Conference Opening: September 9, 2021. Madrid Royal Conservatory. 12:00 Hs.
*Reception Gala Concert & Dinner: September 9, 2021. Casino Royal Hall. 20:00 Hs.
*Closing Ceremony: September 12, 2021. Madrid Royal Conservatory. 14:00 Hs.
Come back soon!